A tamale is a traditional Mesoamerican dish made of masa or dough (starchy, and usually corn-based), which is steamed in a corn husk or banana leaf. The wrapping is discarded before eating. Tamales can be filled with meats, cheeses, fruits, vegetables, chilies or any preparation according to taste, and both the filling and the cooking liquid may be seasoned. Tamales originated in Mesoamerica as early as 8000 to 5000 BC. Aztec and Maya civilizations, as well as the Olmeca and Tolteca before them, used tamales as portable food, often to support their armies, but also for hunters and travelers. The...Read More
Month: February 2017
Music is an art form and cultural activity whose medium is sound and silence, which exist in time. The common elements of music are pitch (which governs melody and harmony), rhythm (and its associated concepts tempo, meter, and articulation), dynamics (loudness and softness), and the sonic qualities of timbre and texture (which are sometimes termed the “color” of a musical sound). Different styles or types of music may emphasize, de-emphasize or omit some of these elements. Music is performed with a vast range of instruments and vocal techniques ranging from singing to rapping; there are solely instrumental pieces, solely...Read More
- Jonathan Taplin asks “Can the Tech Giants Be Stopped?”
- Insurance Rates Will Always Go Up Regardless
- What’s up with those Republicans? CBO Says Senate Health Bill To Repeal Obamacare Would Leave 22 Million More Uninsured
- This Guy Successfully Crossed “The Obama Red Line” and consequently will be permanently in the hands of Syrians
- Obama FBI started an Investigation on Mrs Sanders early in an election year. So why does Bernie blame the Republicans?